View 2015 WORKSHOP SCHEDULE, BIOGRAPHIES & REGISTRATION here.
A preview of the Program Highlights can be viewed in the attached pdf. We will be adding more invited speakers in the weeks to come as well as numerous panels devoted to a variety of issues that concern contemporary responses to madness, including Kingsley Hall, Soteria and Diabasis, and other houses that have recently flourished in various parts of Europe and the US, as well as some that are on the drawing board and in various stages of development.
To register please visit: www.esalen.org/workshop/week-july-19-24/rd-laing-twenty-first-century-what-sanity-what-madness.
- Contemporary Alternatives to Psychiatry
- Sanity and Dwelling
- Kingsley Hall & After
- Laing’s Approach to Therapy
- Sanity and the State of the World
- Laing’s Impact on American Culture
- The Soteria Project, Diabasis, Burch House, Shadows
- What is Sanity, Liberty, Freedom?
- Laing’s Legacy and the Future of the Psychiatric Survivor Movement
- The Transatlantic Psychiatric Survivor Movement Today
- The History and Societal Conceptions of Insanity
- Laing, Experience & Science
- Spirituality and Sanity
- Transformative Playgroup and Workshop Experience
- Sanity, Madness and the Couple
- On the Horizon: Kingsley Hall in the Bay Area
plus a presentation of feature documentary: "Asylum," directed by Peter Robinson
and other film and video presentations on Laing.
BIOGRAPHIES OF WORKSHOP SPEAKERS
A comprehensive list of participants with their biographies can be found in the pdf attached to this link.
For more information or inquiries about Esalen, please contact Michael Guy Thompson.